Wasee nisaidieni tafadhali, heart rate iko 200! I just initiated a buy order on Binance P2P for $380 (around 50k KES). I sent the money via M-Pesa, the guy's name matched perfectly, I clicked 'Transferred, notify seller'. But the guy read my message in the chat and then went completely offline! It's been 30 minutes. My 50k is gone and the coins zimekwama. What do I do? Should I cancel and try to call Safaricom for a reversal?
Mashida za P2P: Sent 50k kwa Binance but the seller is refusing to release my USDT!
•October 3, 2026 at 09:30 PM
Comments (6)
DO NOT CANCEL THE ORDER! I repeat, usijaribu ku-cancel! Ukicancel, Binance releases the frozen crypto back to the seller na utakuwa umeoshwa officially. Just wait for the countdown timer to end then click 'Appeal'. Upload your official M-Pesa statement showing the transaction.
Ochieng is right. Binance uses an escrow system. As longlong: Buying a currency pair with the expectation that its value will rise. as the order is open, the seller's USDT is locked by the system. They cannot run away with it. Just open an appeal, provide the PDF statement from Safaricom (not just a screenshot), and Customer SupportSupport: A price level where a downtrend tends to pause due to a concentration of demand (buying interest). will force-release the coins to you.
Hii Nairobi utaoshwa mchana kweupe ukilala. Shida yenu you always sort the P2P list looking for the cheapest rate. Unapata mtu hana 'Yellow Tick' (Verified Merchant), na completion rate yake ni 60%, but because anauza at 129.50 badala ya 130.00, unakimbia kuweka 50k. Greed will finish you guys.
At least yours is a buy order. Let me tell you about the sell order scam. Someone bought $100 from me, sent the money, I released the coins. Then they immediately called Safaricom claiming they sent money to the wrong number. Safaricom froze my M-Pesa account for 3 days! Right now I only deal with verified merchants.
Another trick is the 'Triangle Scam'. The seller will chat you saying 'My M-Pesa limit is full, please send the money to my brother's Till Number'. If you do that, Binance CS cannot help you because you sent money to a third party not listed on the platform. Never send money to a name that doesn't match the Binance KYCKYC: The mandatory identity and address verification process that financial institutions use to prevent fraud and illegal money laundering..
Kiptoo, relax man. Drink some water. As longlong: Buying a currency pair with the expectation that its value will rise. as you sent the money to the exact name on Binance and you clicked 'Transferred', your money is safe. The seller is probably just trying to frustrate you hoping you panic and click cancel. Just hit appeal, wait 24 hours, and Binance will release your USDT. Next time, filter by 'Verified Merchants Only'.
Leave a Reply
You must be signed in to join the discussion.