← Back to Forum

Fuliza Entitlement is a disease 😂 Kenyans actually think it's their money

Kenyans are too funny bana. Someone will board a matatu or walk into a restaurant with zero balance on their M-Pesa, but because they have a 5k Fuliza limit, they are walking with their chest out like they just got paid. They genuinely believe that Fuliza limit is their own money! When did we start treating a loan like a checking account balance? The entitlement is crazy!

Comments (7)

10/3/2026

Bro, let me tell you my most painful memory. I was broke, but I managed to flip $10 to $30 trading. I was so happy! I withdrew the cash via Binance P2P. The second the M-Pesa message hit my phone, Safaricom auto-deducted the entire 3,500 bob to clear a Fuliza debt from two weeks ago. The balance went to 0! I had to shamefully Fuliza AGAIN just to pay for the lunch I was celebrating with. The broker paid me, but Safaricom owns me.

10/3/2026

Lmaooo Ochieng! 😂 But seriously, Fuliza entitlement is a psychological trap. When people see 'Limit: 10,000', their brain immediately registers it as 'Balance: 10,000'. Safaricom gamified debt perfectly. You are basically borrowing money just to buy chicken and chips today.

10/3/2026

Bana! Utaona msee amevaa chain, ameshika iPhone 13, ana-analyze charts kwa Java... lakini akiitishwa bill ana-fuliza. Nairobi is 90% packaging and 10% equity. Hiyo Fuliza limit ikishuka, depression inaingia.

10/3/2026

I'll admit my darkest secret. Back in 2021, I actually used Fuliza to deposit into my broker account because I was 'sure' I was going to make a profit. I blew the account in 4 minutes. For a whole month, I couldn't receive money on my own M-Pesa because it was going straight to Safaricom. Never trade with borrowed money guys.

10/3/2026

It's fascinating behavioral economics. Fuliza is meant to be an emergency fund, not a lifestyle budget! If you have to use Fuliza to buy drinks on a Friday night, your personal finance management is terrible. The daily interest fees alone will drain you.

10/3/2026

To be fair, Fuliza has saved lives. Imagine you are in the middle of a trade and your internet bundles run out. You need to buy data immediately before the market crashes against you. Fuliza comes through! Just don't abuse it.

10/3/2026

The moral of the story: Keep your M-Pesa balance positive and stop funding your lifestyle with Safaricom's money. Nawacha zangu hapa, let me go pay my 400 bob Fuliza before it compounds tomorrow. 😂

Leave a Reply

You must be signed in to join the discussion.

Related Discussions

Wicknell Chivayo dies in a chopper crash. A sobering PSA for every trader here.

The Ciggie Johnsonn DNA shocker: Is the 'fast life' we are trading for actually a trap?

Gathoni FX involved in a road accident, pink Audi crashed